I’m going to be On The Road Again, starting in a few hours.
I’m headed to Florida “for a while”. (The rest of the family is staying in California this trip – so once again we are ‘bi’… bi-coastal.)
While I expect this to be a quick trip, just out and back, you never know. There’s always the risk I might get a contract there ;-)
So, for the next few days, new postings might be a ‘bit thin’. I’ll have the tablet with me ‘outbound’ and then a laptop available at the other end (where I have a load of “stuff” of mine I need to deal with – thus the trip…)
We’ll see what happens. Life is like that.
I do know that I’m not well suited to both travel and posting. I tend to “focus” a lot, and when traveling there is much that takes attention.
So, don’t be surprised if my comments are a bit thin.
Until I’m more static, think of this as something of an open-thread.
Current Hot Topics:
1) Hillary and the DNC. The Email leaks. The Russian Connection – if any… (it is a very convenient dodge for Hillary…)
2) Yet Another “Hottest Year Evvaaaahhh!” yet with snow in both hemispheres and most continents all at the same time.
3) Hillary and The Donald tied at 42% each in a recent poll…
4) Germany – what is it now, 3 or 4 attacks by Muslim Terrorists in as many weeks? Frankly, I’ve lost track. So how’s that open immigration workin’ out for you, Frau Merkel?
5) Markets looking to me like a ‘local top’, so likely to go down in the next few weeks (then likely back up again… flat roller). I’ve not done a full analysis on it yet, but maybe enough folks have “seen the drill” to know how the chart reading works. So what’s your opinion?
6) The Global Liquidity Trap – the Oh So Slow stagnation and eventual implosion of Abused Keynesian Run Wild. When reality doesn’t support more economic growth, no amount of monetary policy can fix it. Excess taxes, regulation, and Mercantilist China dominate. So “next step”?
7) Water drives the planet. Net, evaporated water moves from sea to land (thus all the rivers of condensed flowing back…) This shows solar heating of oceans is the major driver of the water cycle. Everything else is sequela. IR and Blue penetrate the ocean to depth, so have a long cycle time to exit. IR and Red are either prompt evaporation or near surface absorbed, so rapidly cycled to the air as water vapor. What happens to the system as the sun shifts from LOTS of blue and UV, to much less, but with increased Red and IR keeping total solar irradiance near constant? Think that might cause a long cycle shift of warming ocean then cooling? And maybe a spike in rainfall at the transition from high UV to high IR with a warmed ocean? (Then back again in 30 years…) Add in lower altitude per barometric pressure level (atmosphere shortening – measured and changing satellite lifetimes on orbit) and you get more snow “up high” in mountains and at the poles (where stratosphere comes to earth anyway). Nice little albedo / ocean oscillator there, eh? Now play it forward through 30 years of ocean cooling and prompt IR driven evaporation and added ice / snow build up at altitude…
8) Rossi and Cold Fusion / LENR. Lot of asserted replications often with spectacular meltdowns. Claims to be starting manufacture in the USA. Any other evidence? (Either way…) Think I ought to schedule a day trip to his offices in Florida and apply for a job? See what happens?
So that’s a starter list. Feel free to cover the “topic du jour” whatever pops up. I’ll try to check spam & moderation queues at least once a day, but it will depend on running into WiFi hotspots along the way… and having time.
So for a little while, it’s up to you all to keep the conversation going. I’m going to be ‘otherwise occupied’ a lot of the time.