The basic problems are:
1) More than 1/4 of all the swine on the planet have already died in the African swine fever outbreak. A haemorrhagic fever of hogs.
2) It has a lot further to go (Australia, Americas, Europe).
3) The virus can live for months in products like pigs ears for dogs.
4) It WILL get much worse.
5) Corn and soy will be in short supply for animal feed given present harvest.
6) China corn is in worse shape and they are buying a lot, so their shortage is coming here.
7) Remember that hay shortage? It isn’t any better.
8) Cattle herd culling is happening NOW holding beef prices down.
9) Beef prices will go up when the cull ends and herds are balanced to lower feed supply.
That pretty much says you have a few months to put away a freeser full, can some up, buy or make jerky, or buy some canned corned beef (or corn your own :-)
In 2020 meat prices will be higher, supply lower, and selection reduced.
Per African swine fever:
This next one has nice graphs showing the current spike in cattle sales and lower weights.
All about the beef: