FWIW, I’ve watched several of this guy’s videos over the last several years. Starting with his motorcycle tour videos of China and Viet Nam. He taught English in China for a few years, married a Chinese woman, has Chinese in-laws, and loves China. He also can not return, nor can his wife, as he is also pro freedom.
He has an interesting life story. Born into some wealth in South Africa. Lived through the rough times there. Left for China. Then abandoned China when The Authorities got too pissed at him. (A several hours of videos story in a few sentences doesn’t do it justice.) He has a long series of motorcycle ride videos around China and Viet Nam and loves the people and the countryside. But had to leave.
Lately some of his videos have taken a political turn as China moved from pro-democracy pro-west experimenting with capitalism growth country, and instead under current “leadership” China is returning to a hard Communist form of Socialism. Especially with the destruction of the Hong Kong democracy.
As he reads and interprets this article from China (published in an official source way…) he has a lot more “time on the ground” in China (years) and a huge cultural and linguistic advantage (speaking Chinese for years, and at home with his wife and kids). I have to trust that his interpretation is good.
That said, to me, a lot of this looks more like just a “Return to Maoism” and hard core Communism (ending the westernization that has lifted them from abject poverty to modernity, and centralizing all power under one dictator, eliminating the competitive centers of the rich billionaires of China). But I’ve never been to China, can’t speak any of it, and have not had a cultural immersion in either China or Communism, so I’m at a major disadvantage.
In any case, there are clear conclusions from this (This is just what I’m thinking about, for me only. None of this is financial advice to anyone else.):
1) ANY investment in China is likely to be confiscated by the New Peoples Republic. Likely soon.
2) Get out now. People, money, property, whatever. Just leave China and sell any assets related to China.
3) Sell stocks in any company heavily leveraged via China. Will the 1/3 of Disney Parks in China really help their annual report? Can they have a decent Theatrical Release with China owning AMC Theater Chain? Can Apple continue iPhone profit margins and volume as Foxconn in China is nationalized? BTW, I own stock in Disney so it isn’t like I’m pushing my position…
4) Stock up on things from markets dominated by China and critically important. Pharmaceuticals, for example, are heavily dependent on China for raw materials. Assure you have a year supply or so of things like any drugs you need with a Chinese tail.
5) Start prepping for a new Cold War, and thinking about your position in a new Hot War with China. I’d not live next to a military base in Alaska or Hawaii, for example. Might also want to avoid dependence on things using a lot of Rare Earth Minerals (mostly from China) or Taiwanese semiconductors as I expect China will start with a grab of Taiwan under a Biden faux-Presidency. As things get worse, have a bug out plan that takes you away from major industrial centers or cities. China is building several hundred new land based ICBM nuclear missile silos…
Is that OTT? (Over The Top)? I don’t think so. It’s in THE major CCP (Chinese Communist Party) propaganda paper. It is, then, official dogma. Communist Dictators don’t mind killing millions (the three top killers, in order of increasing millions, in the graph in the video are Hitler, Stalin, and Mao. At 11 minutes 35 seconds. Hitler a light weight at “only” 17 million for his National Socialist version. Stalin in second with International Communist Socialism at 22 million – but I think that’s light by several million, and Mao at 76 Million with Maoist Peoples Communism Socialist Paradise…). Current financial stresses inside China require an outlet for the present leadership to stay in power, plus the Chinese Wuhan Covid Plague needs to be laid off on The USA for the same reason.
When cornered, Dictators love nothing more than a Giant War to keep them in power, grant more power to them, keep The People oppressed and off fighting someone else, and a Wag The Dog excuse for failures. China is increasingly cornered.
But “We’ll see”. There could be a “Palace Coup” with a return to a western leaning, or Biden might just surrender us to China and invite them in… Hey, it would avoid a war… /snark;
With that said, Serpentza is of the POV that this is a tacit declaration of war on the USA along with a statement to The People of China that it’s time to go hard core Mao again and, BTW, every ill in China is due to the USA. Not good vibes from China in any interpretation.
Here’s the video and you decide (25 minutes):
Chinese State Media has just released a document that states the USA is engaging in biological warfare and other transgressions against China, is this a declaration of War?
Here’s the Communist State Media document: Link:http: //www.news.cn/politics/2021-08/29/c_1127807097.htm
Me? Well, I did a test drive of a Newmar 37 foot Diesel Pusher RV yesterday. I suspect that what we will be doing is buying one (used though…) and while most of our “stuff” is in pods in storage or in transit, a lot will be loaded into an RV (along with 2 small dogs and a station wagon on a trailer) and then we’ll start a couple of months slow wander to Florida. Then we’ll be ready for any kind of “Bug Out” needs, be it hurricane or China launching stuff (at Taiwan or the USA).
It will also let us conveniently visit the kids and grandkids without a lot of housing bother, and tour the entire East Coast (which the spouse has never seen).
That’s the idea Du Jour; but who knows, tomorrow it may change entirely once again ;-)
I was surprised at how easy it was to drive, and I only was nervous when a semi-truck came at me (on a 2 lane country road) and I had the feeling our mirrors were going to be about 6 inches from each other ;-) It has everything we really need, and then some. (This one had a “bath and a 1/2” which is more than our present house! Plus a king size bed while ours is a queen sized…) But who knows. Give it a week and I might get over it ;-)